Author Topic: A nice change (Raid) (Read 374 times)
Rune Ravencroft
Fifth Year

Rune Ravencroft Avatar

[send pm]

A nice change (Raid)
« Jan 27, 2013 22:44:11 GMT -5 »

Rune sighed as he sat back in the chair of the second floor office. He'd been open a week with temporary staff and himself, and it was to say the least stressful. They did the bare minimum because he had needed staff, and they need a few quick dollars before going traveling or back to school. After getting set up he had needed to get rolling to make up the funds to start it. Throw in a bit of school, Trying to help plan from afar stopping his uncle, and finding out his sister went missing from his uncles side months ago..... He just wanted a break. He closed his eyes and started to relax a bit and just take his mind off things. Just try and go to a nice, calm place, try and think of other things, like a gift for Raid or just anything but the club. It was funny, the kindness when they first met. Rune knew he was no saint, honestly, he wasn't sure he wanted to be considering all those who would stand around and watch something wrong happen because of rules and laws. But he was certainly not evil.....well, he could be, he even admitted he could be a jerk and well, given his background he did kinda act shady and all. Well, the ex thief background, not the royal one. Unlike others that tried to change him entirely, Raid seemed to be fine with who he was....though they could probably agree he could use a bit of polishing to not be so rough around the edges. Honestly he'd rather have been at her side at the moment.

But he was stirred from his thoughts by a tap on one of the glass panes. He saw the girl that took orders on this floor who then pointed to the first floor. He got up and looked down through the glass and saw that in the pit where the dancing was some were dancing, but most watching the bouncer failing at breaking two people arguing up and Rune sighed. He kept an eye on it as he exited and saw one of them, probably too drunk to aim, hit the bouncer in the shoulder who went down holding it. He shook his head and didn't bother with the stairs. He hopped up on the railing and judged his jump, landing short of the pair, his legs bending and landing crouched to break the momentum. He then sprung forward as they both went to strike one another, spinning so he could get between ones fist and his target and rotating through and putting a palm on each's chest and using just enough force to push them back out of strike range, though the one fell cause he couldn't keep balance. "I don't care what your problem is...this fight is over now." Rune said calmly but sternly. The drunk stood up and slurred to the point it was almost unintelligible said "not your buisness midget." while trying to drunkenly kick runes head. Rune sighed as he caught the sloppy kick and gave a little push and he was on his rear again. The other man advanced and Rune turned and said "back off now or I put you on the floor next to him...fights over, move along." The other man glared before leaving, at which Rune grabbed the drunk off the floor and started toward the front door, seeing his bouncer on the floor still.

"Your fine, get up." Rune said, not amused at his bouncers actions. "But it stings like hell boss." the man said. Rune grabbed his other arm and pulled him to his feet as he said "Man up, put ice on it, and be back at that door in 5 minutes" Rune replied "Your a bigger guy then me, that punch should be easy to shrug off." He then pulled the trouble maker to the door and let go with a push away from his establishment. As the man turned around Rune saw a cop put a hand on his shoulder and well, it was obvious he'd be cooling off in a cell. He looked at the dozen or so people in the line to get in, most of them older which meant no need to check id's to get in, odds of the even being under 30 were slim. "You all can go in, please enjoy yourselves." Rune said politely and with a bit of a smile. He held the door open for them and first thing it was shut behind them put his back to the wall and slid down. He looked up at the sky as he said "If you lot are really up there and in control, how about a break? or at least something good today?" He had no idea why he was asking, never worked before but well, maybe for a change the deities others he knew and his family had put such faith in would listen to him.

Raid Sorrowing
Second Year

[M:0]

Raid Sorrowing Avatar

[send pm]

A nice change (Raid)
« Feb 2, 2013 13:01:47 GMT -5 »

((OOC: Sorry my post isn't as big as yours.))
She'd been wandering Etandra, aimlessly really. She was trying to learn how to control her form shift better but the more she used it, the more her scars were starting to disappear. Something she was rather... Fond of really. Though she did wonder what Rune would think if he saw that, the scar on her face was smaller than the last time he saw it. Which made her worry slightly. Though she would have to show him sooner or later.

Apparently. Her procrastination was not on her side today though because she heard a voice that she knew all too well to be Runes somewhere.

"You all can go in, please enjoy yourselves." Slowly she poked her head around the corner watching as the que started to depleate in size and she quickly joined it, slipping in behind a few rather large men, though she wasn't too fond of the smell, they had already been drinking apparently. If they caused her any problems they would be sorry though. She'd make sure of that. After all when you've been trained for war you pick up a few things. Once inside she tried to fight her way backwards through the people but they were pushing her towards the bar and dance floor, which ended with her dropping to the floor and peering through peoples legs. Watching Rune.

"If you lot are really up there and in control, how about a break? or at least something good today?" She was reading his lips before she crawled her way through peoples legs and along the floor. Making her way towards him she slowly stood brushing herself down with her real arm, the fake one attached rather securely.

"I do hope that I shall suffice, I know that I am no angel or God, however I can at least lend you a hand around here if you so wish it Rune." She offered a small smile before she folded her arms, standing with her weight on her right leg for the moment. Now all that there was too it was waiting to see how he responded.

"Oh and I apologize but I slipped in with the crowd. I am a little on the petite side so it is rather easy for me to do so, I figured it may possibly be the only viable way of getting in here to speak to you and for being so underhanded I apologize. It will not happen again, of that I can assure you." Ah she was being formal, something she needed to stop doing, though that was easier said than done for an ex-knight. She just hoped he wasn't angry with her for slipping in here but perhaps he wouldn't be, in fact, she was fairly certain he may be glad she was here given what she had read from his lips when she was looking at him from the floor.

« Last Edit: Feb 2, 2013 13:02:34 GMT -5 by Raid Sorrowing » Back to Top  
Rune Ravencroft
Fifth Year

Rune Ravencroft Avatar

[send pm]

A nice change (Raid)
« Feb 2, 2013 22:20:14 GMT -5 »

Rune had been so wrapped up in his thoughts the usually observant boy had completely missed Raid entering the building. He was just so out of it at the moment as his brain tried to put everything past him. Thoughts of his uncle, thoughts of his sister, thoughts of home. He absentmindedly looked around at the things people had. The...portable telephones were they called? The DJ Booth with it's...computer and ...vinyl records. He had been in Etandra for a few years but.... This wasn't what he knew, he had been older then misao when he arrived and unlike her had always had trouble with this... technology.

Though as he pondered these things, why he was here, his ineptitude with technology and overall down on himself, he was interrupted by a familiar voice. "I do hope that I shall suffice, I know that I am no angel or God, however I can at least lend you a hand around here if you so wish it Rune." was the first thing he heard that caused him to look up. "Oh and I apologize but I slipped in with the crowd. I am a little on the petite side so it is rather easy for me to do so, I figured it may possibly be the only viable way of getting in here to speak to you and for being so underhanded I apologize. It will not happen again, of that I can assure you."

As she finished it was one fluid motion as he got and without even thinking just hugged her and gave her a kiss, just glad to see her right now. "You will far more then suffice" He replied, happily. Though, his brain registered what he had done just then and he turned bright red. "I..apologize about that...it's been rather rough recently." He said, diverting his eyes momentarily. When he was around her he wasn't as...controlled as usual. Which most who knew him, particularly as a kid, would say was a good thing. He looked at her once more as he said "Your help would be much appreciated, which ever job you think you can handle. About the only competent ones here at the moment are the dj and a service girl, waitress, what ever she would be called here."

He tried to hide it, but with his mind back to reality, it was hard to notice that her scar wasn't the same as it had been, it was...healed more best he could describe. "You look different." He said, trying to e subtle about it in such a large crowd. "And you shouldn't have to sneak in, if they turn you away just ask for me by name, they've been told anyone that does come get me....with a couple exceptions. Either way I'm aware how good a small frame can be for sneaking." he said with a actual smile. "Want to head to my private office? We can sit and have some privacy" he started, looking up and holding a hand to his ear as the volume of the music got a bit louder, "And it's a lot quieter."

« Last Edit: Feb 2, 2013 22:21:46 GMT -5 by Rune Ravencroft » Back to Top  
Raid Sorrowing
Second Year

[M:0]

Raid Sorrowing Avatar

[send pm]

A nice change (Raid)
« Feb 13, 2013 16:35:17 GMT -5 »

The first thing he did was hug her and she stood there awkwardly for a moment or two eyes wide. That was. Unusual. A nice surprise yes but still unusual for him at least from what she remembered of seeing from him last. He seemed rather... Reserved yet not really prude.

"You will far more then suffice" That caused her to smile a little, the fact the scar over her eye had shrunk now rather visible.

"I..apologize about that...it's been rather rough recently." Watching as his face turned red she tilted her head and smiled wider before she hugged him instead.

"It's fine of that I can assure you. If anything... It was a nice surprise." She reassured him that he wasn't doing anything wrong. She didn't mind. Besides that's what couples did wasn't it?

"Your help would be much appreciated, which ever job you think you can handle. About the only competent ones here at the moment are the dj and a service girl, waitress, what ever she would be called here." Tilting her head she turned away from him and looked over the place.

"I could always handle security for you if you're having problems with that, or I could learn fast how to mix drinks behind the bar." She tightened the pony tail behind her head as she glanced over the place.

"You look different." Slowly her head turned to him, both eyes snapped open, which was definitely new since she pretty much lost all functioning in the eye with the scar then slowly her eyelid grew heavy and fell back down.

"Yeah.... The scar on my face is a bit... Smaller than it was.... Seems it's actually healing after all this time..." She mused. He might know why then again he might not. Either way it didn't matter, because eventually he'd find out.

"And you shouldn't have to sneak in, if they turn you away just ask for me by name, they've been told anyone that does come get me....with a couple exceptions. Either way I'm aware how good a small frame can be for sneaking." She laughed slightly it was short but she laughed none the less. Something that was seemingly rare for her.

"Want to head to my private office? We can sit and have some privacy. And it's a lot quieter." She gave a nod at those words.

"That sounds like a very very good idea, so lead the way if you would be so kind."

Rune Ravencroft
Fifth Year

Rune Ravencroft Avatar

[send pm]

A nice change (Raid)
« Feb 13, 2013 22:56:10 GMT -5 »

"It's fine of that I can assure you. If anything... It was a nice surprise." Suffice to say Rune was glad to hear that. Though, that was when he noticed her outfit. He was glad he hadn't accidentally got his hands in one of those holes trying to hug her. Though he tried to also push the ideas that went through his minds way to the back for now. Though while she had had a uncaring attitude when he fessed up to seeing her when they first met well, her choice of outfit surprised him. With her formality and all it seemed ... unlike her, not that he was going to complain.

"I could always handle security for you if you're having problems with that, or I could learn fast how to mix drinks behind the bar." Rune thought for a moment before saying "Well if you can learn drink mixing and all then how about we leave it open you can jump in on the bar if the bartender is out? Mixing drink's isn't exactly my forte and one of the only spots I have trouble filling when I need to. But I need to have someone that isn't going to curl up like they've been beaten to a pulp when they get a shove" He replied, tilting his head to indicate the current bouncer who was still nursing that little bruise. Honestly he thought the guy would have been tougher then that. He noticed her snap both eyes open when he had said about her looking different. "Yeah.... The scar on my face is a bit... Smaller than it was.... Seems it's actually healing after all this time...". Unless the blade that cut her had been cursed and it was somehow broken, scars didn't just heal. Sure she was a Valkyrie, but then, why hadn't it healed sooner, and if that was the case wouldn't her arm start to heal as well if she was healing in a manner that she was regaining the use of her eye? Well, this wasn't the time and all to push at that yet.

He smiled a bit when he heard her laugh in response to his comment on sneaking. It was also nice to hear she felt the privacy was a good idea, especially since the volume and all was starting to get to him. The annoying part of dragon and elf blood and what ever other traces of stuff were in there....the damn hearing. If being practically blind in daylight weren't bad enough. "All right then" Rune said, taking her hand to make sure they weren't separated as people moved about. It was really only a couple minute walk to the back where he punched in a code at a door that opened to the stair case. "Door on the second floor leads to the VIP area if they want to avoid most of the attention, 3rd floor is my private office." He said as he stepped in to the stair well. He waited till the door was closed though to add "And truthfully...that outfit of yours gives me ideas." Being honest with her had worked so far, why stop now. Plus he was curious as to if that was her intention. He let go of her hand as he made his way up to the door on the third floor landing and used a key to unlock it, holding the door open for Raid. The room was an almost midnight blue with flecks that almost sparkled like stars in the lights that kept it well lit. To one side you had a desk and chair work area, every flat surface covered in folders or files and off to the side of it a mattress and other stuff in case someone, most likely Rune, needed to sleep over. The other 2/3 was open space except a table, 3 sofa's, and two recliners arranged in a semi circle against the wall. "Feel free to sit wherever you like Raid."

Shoutbox

dsg: Herro... Is anyone here? Mar 26, 2013 22:38:21 GMT -5
Hikari Cross: hello! Apr 6, 2013 1:12:35 GMT -5
dsg: At least someone answered... But I am thinking that this site is a little slow in getting members. Apr 25, 2013 21:53:55 GMT -5
adminnumber2: try looking at dissidia.boards.net Apr 26, 2013 11:45:33 GMT -5
Shout as:
Refresh
  • Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Strikethrough
  • Link
  • Insert Smiley
0/256 Cancel