Author Topic: Unfamiliar Familiarity (Helios) (Read 319 times)
jam

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Unfamiliar Familiarity (Helios)
« Dec 17, 2012 5:50:59 GMT -5 »

Sometimes change could be scary.

Jam had never especially felt that way before. Hell, she wasn’t even living in her home country right now! What bigger change could there be than that? And yet, in some way, it had been that concept that kept her from the mixed dorm during her third year. As much as she liked the idea of living around a bunch of hunks, there was always that bit of uncertainty that came with tossing out the familiar. What if it wasn’t what she imagined? What if she got a bad roommate? Or, worse, a pervert? There was no guarantee that she’d even get a guy in her room, but there was a distinct possibility that she’d be stuck living with some greasy neckbeard who couldn’t keep his eyes to himself. Ugh!!

But. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. As Jam tacked up her last wall poster she stepped away, placing a hand on her hip and beaming with satisfaction. Finally, her side of the room was all set up! She let her eyes make one final sweep of her handiwork. Her needs were not many: a stack of magazines, a workspace that would inevitably lose all sense of organization, a mat for floor exercises, and some basic dressings for the bed. Not too shabby! By her reckoning it had barely taken an hour to get everything out and in place. The perks of frugal living, she supposed. Well, maybe she was a bit too pampered to be called frugal. The money that didn’t go toward long-term possessions tended to get funneled to foodstuffs. And there was absolutely nothing wrong with that!

Still, there was one more thing to take care of. The young woman glanced at the little digital clock now positioned near her bed. It was still midday. She had no idea when her roomy was supposed to turn up, but that was one meet-n-greet she wanted to hurry up with. Helios sounded like a guy’s name, but she’d been wrong before. More importantly, it sounded vaguely familiar. Like, someone she was supposed to know? It couldn’t have been a common name, so Jam was certain she had heard it somewhere before. She pursed her lips in annoyance. She hated knowing that she was not-knowing something she knew. Gah! She sat on the bed, then found herself fidgeting with rising irritation. With a more audible sigh she rolled over and began shuffling through her magazine collection, looking for something that might take her mind off of this stupid puzzle.

Helios Stark
Fourth Year

[M:0]

Helios Stark Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 19, 2012 17:52:12 GMT -5 »

[atrb=border,0,true][atrb=width,415,bTable]
[atrb=style, background-color: #221D36;][STYLE=border: 4px solid #564E77; height: 100px; width: 100px; margin-left: 10px; margin-top: 10px;][/style] [STYLE=border: 4px solid #564E77; height: 70px; width: 70px; margin-left: 125px; margin-top: -108px;][/style]
[STYLE=margin-top: -12px; margin-left: 125px; font-family: arial narrow; font-size: 24px; letter-spacing: -1px; margin-right: 8px; text-align: center; color: #DAD6E8; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #564E77;]YOU'LL BE THE LAST TO KNOW[/style]
[STYLE=margin-right: 10px; margin-left: 213px; font-size: 10px; font-family: arial; text-align: justify; background-color: #DAD6E8; padding: 10px; color: #0A090F; margin-top: -120px; opacity: 0.8; border-radius: 10px; height: 52px; overflow: auto;]TAGS: Jam
NOTES: keep them short if you can! ♥[/style]
[STYLE=margin-right: 15px; margin-left: 15px; font-size: 10px; font-family: arial; text-align: justify; background-color: #DAD6E8; padding: 17px; color: #0A090F; margin-top: 27px; margin-bottom: 2px; opacity: 0.8; border-radius: 20px;]Helios carried a box along with his laptop as he headed down the hall. Where was he going to his new dorm room of course. It also seemed that he would be getting a roommate and with a bit of digging not all of which was smiled upon he had found out that his roommate was female. That was going to make this one heck of an interesting year. He had decided to take his time getting to the room that made it likely that his roommate would have gotten there first plus he really just didn't feel like rushing.

That and the fact that he had decided to stop in the hallway and chat with one of the female students that had been going by. After all he couldn't let the chance pass him by that just wasn't him. He'd finished talking with her through and now it was time to finally meet with his new roommate. If he was lucky this would be one fun year. He managed to shift his things enough to get the door open and headed in.

He looked around and noticed that there was already some things around and he was pretty sure he had an idea who's they were. He went to the room that would be his then set his things down. He would come and set it up a bit later, but first he wanted to meet his new roommate. A slight grin played on his face at that thought before he wet back and headed over to her room.

He stood at her doorway it didn't seemed to be close as he leaned against it and looked at her laying on the bed. " Well hello there, seems like we get to share this place. I'm Helios and I'm getting you're Jam then beautiful."[/style][STYLE=text-align: center; color: #DAD6E8; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; opacity: 0.8;]made by kiwii at btn![/style]

jam

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 21, 2012 5:40:36 GMT -5 »

The wait honestly wasn’t that long at all. She thought maybe there had only been a five minute gap between getting set up and his arrival; it was hard to tell, since she had managed to focus her attention on an article about game meat recipes (where did you even buy alligator meat!?) She heard the voice before she saw the man, and so when he spoke her attention immediately snapped to the doorway. He was a hunk, score! Jam’s face brightened almost instantly, and she damn near tossed the magazine aside. It wasn’t like it would get damaged or anything. Then, with a pivot and swing that seemed like a single smooth motion, she’d sprung off the bed and back on her feet. She wasn’t about to sit around if he was standing.

“Hi hiiii~!” she called enthusiastically. It seemed he knew her name as well. Made sense, since they had probably read it from the same source. And did he just call her “beautiful”? It’d come out kinda off-hand and reflexive, but it brought a little more cheer to her step regardless. Flattery would get this guy everywhere. “It’s great to meet you!! I hope you found the room okay!” She couldn’t contain it. The initial plan had just been to shake the guy’s hand, but when she finally approached she gave him a brief hug instead. Nothing intimate, but probably more than she should give a complete stranger. Oh well! She was just too excited about this.

But then, she didn’t think he had been there long. Curious, she leaned slightly to get a better look past Helios, toward his side of the living arrangements. She could quite plainly see the unopened boxes from where she stood. Smiling energetically, she straightened out again. “Do you need help with your things? I don’t really have anything else to do, so I might as well help!” Despite the way she said it she wasn’t making a declaration so much as asking. She just wanted to be sure he knew it wasn’t an imposition. Guys tried to act all macho sometimes and just did everything themselves. It was sweet, but Jam didn’t really feel like sitting around right now.

Helios Stark
Fourth Year

[M:0]

Helios Stark Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 6, 2013 17:08:14 GMT -5 »

[atrb=border,0,true][atrb=width,415,bTable]
[atrb=style, background-color: #221D36;][STYLE=border: 4px solid #564E77; height: 100px; width: 100px; margin-left: 10px; margin-top: 10px;][/style] [STYLE=border: 4px solid #564E77; height: 70px; width: 70px; margin-left: 125px; margin-top: -108px;][/style]
[STYLE=margin-top: -12px; margin-left: 125px; font-family: arial narrow; font-size: 24px; letter-spacing: -1px; margin-right: 8px; text-align: center; color: #DAD6E8; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #564E77;]YOU'LL BE THE LAST TO KNOW[/style]
[STYLE=margin-right: 10px; margin-left: 213px; font-size: 10px; font-family: arial; text-align: justify; background-color: #DAD6E8; padding: 10px; color: #0A090F; margin-top: -120px; opacity: 0.8; border-radius: 10px; height: 52px; overflow: auto;]TAGS: Jam
NOTES: keep them short if you can! ♥[/style]
[STYLE=margin-right: 15px; margin-left: 15px; font-size: 10px; font-family: arial; text-align: justify; background-color: #DAD6E8; padding: 17px; color: #0A090F; margin-top: 27px; margin-bottom: 2px; opacity: 0.8; border-radius: 20px;]Helios stood in the doorway looking her over. Yep she seemed pretty good, things could have been worse after all so he was rather lucky. So he got to room with a pretty hot lady and she didn't seem like she was the uptight or anything so this should work out really well. HE was still lost in thought and checking her out of course when she popped up and got to her feet giving him a hug. Well she was friendly and energetic it seemed.

" I found the room rather easy, I mean I've been here long enough would look rather stupid getting lost now." He moved forward toward her now a bit farther into her room and closer to her. " Since you got here first I'm guessing you didn't have much trouble either. Well that's good would be such a waste someone like you getting lost here."

Helios stretched a bit and then turned around to look where she was at the box of his things. It wasn't really much to it just a few techy things. Some stuff he was working on and his systems of course he had them all and his computer but that was his baby he didn't really let people mess with that. So all and all there wouldn't be much stuff that he would need help with but if she wanted why not let her. After all it would give him the chance to watch her work so to speak.

" Sure I don't mind, I mean that box doesn't really have much just a few things that I figured would be entertaining. Some games and movies. My laptop however I'll handle no offense but I don't really let people mess with it is all. However you're welcome to whatever else. Any food, games, movies whatever I'll even let you borrow a t shirt if you need it to walk around in."

Oh course he didn't say out loud that he didn't mind the t shirt being the only thing she was wearing.[/style][STYLE=text-align: center; color: #DAD6E8; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; opacity: 0.8;]made by kiwii at btn![/style]

Quick Reply

Shoutbox

dsg: Herro... Is anyone here? Mar 26, 2013 22:38:21 GMT -5
Hikari Cross: hello! Apr 6, 2013 1:12:35 GMT -5
dsg: At least someone answered... But I am thinking that this site is a little slow in getting members. Apr 25, 2013 21:53:55 GMT -5
adminnumber2: try looking at dissidia.boards.net Apr 26, 2013 11:45:33 GMT -5
Shout as:
Refresh
  • Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Strikethrough
  • Link
  • Insert Smiley
0/256 Cancel