Author Topic: Hot Chocolate (Open) (Read 186 times)
Naminé Babineaux
Third Year

[M:-800]

Naminé Babineaux Avatar

[send pm]

Hot Chocolate (Open)
« Dec 12, 2012 14:52:46 GMT -5 »

[atrb=cellspacing, x,true][atrb=border,0,true][classy=table][classy=images]
[classy=opa][/classy]
[/classy][classy=postingbg]Light footsteps that went unheard in the fray of the busy streets, pale legs with white boots, white dress, silver jacket with white fur around the hood and cuffs to keep her warm. That hood was pulled up due to the fact it was starting to snow out here.

As she walked through the frosty streets the blonde hummed a gentle almost eerie melody to herself (click to listen) she was generally ignoring most of the people feeling that she wouldn't need to really talk to them to get to where she was headed.

After all she only went off campus to get something nice to drink, she needed to get some supplies from the city, get some beverages and food in for when her possible room mate arrived and of course being out here in the snow. She was going to get a hot drink while out here and she stopped once she reached the main streets.

Glancing between the shops to try and find a nice little quiet café where she could sit with her bag get her sketchbook and draw while enjoying the sweet richness of hot chocolate.

She finally spotted a place and she made her way towards it stopping at the place she then headed inside. Settling herself at a table she crossed one leg over the other pulling her book and pencils from her bag and setting them on the table. Soon enough a waitress came to tend to her order, just a hot chocolate and a small slice of sponge cake.

Once it arrived she sat eating quietly and sipping at the drink, though she noticed what seemed to be another person from the academy wandering the streets of the city as well so she smiled at them out of the window. Then again she could be wrong, they might be a complete stranger.
[/classy][classy=notes]tagged - n/a words -unknown notes - n/a[/classy]

[newclass=table]width: 400px; border: 0px solid #a7a7a7; padding: 2px; text-align: center; font: 20px georgia; margin-bottom: -7px; border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px; moz-border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=opa]opacity: .6;[/newclass][newclass=postingbg]width:400px; height: 300px; background-color: #ffffff; border: 0px solid #a7a7a7; padding: 5px; overflow:auto; font-size: 10px; text-align:justify;[/newclass][newclass=images]width: 400px; background-color: #ffffff; border: 0px solid #a7a7a7; padding: 5px; border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px; moz-border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=notes]width:400px; height: 20px; background-color: #ffffff; border: 0px solid #a7a7a7; padding: 5px; font-size:12px; text-align:center; border-radius: 0px 0px 10px 10px; moz-border-radius: 0px 0px 10px 10px;[/newclass]

Dante Sparda
Professor

[M:0]

Dante Sparda Avatar

[send pm]

Hot Chocolate (Open)
« Dec 12, 2012 15:06:07 GMT -5 »

Dante smirked, snow didn't bother him much, but for good measure, he wore a black under-armor brand turtleneck beneath his signature red leather jacket. His combat boots left large footprints and the rather unique looking character had a pair of guns on his back. He whistled to himself as he walked, catching a glimpse of Namine one moment, then drowning in the crowd the next. When he spotted her again he waved lightly from the other side of the window. He looked over his shoulder a moment before dashing into the coffee shop. He sat across from her, "Cold out there..." He chuckled and rubbed his arms before flagging down a waitress, "Peppermint something that starts with an M and a strawberry cookie."

"You mean a mocha?"

"Yea yea that thing," he grinned and looked to Namine, "You go to the academy right?" He grinned, "Me too." He put his arms behind his head, "I'm Dante."

Naminé Babineaux
Third Year

Naminé Babineaux Avatar

[send pm]

Hot Chocolate (Open)
« Dec 12, 2012 16:21:21 GMT -5 »

[classy=opa][/classy]
[/classy][classy=postingbg]A light wave was given in return to her smile and she slowly looked away and to her cake. Taking a rather small bite out of it as the male came rushing in to the café she looked up swallowing what she had in her mouth quickly. Then he sat down and she tilted her head confused blue eyes stayed on him but she didn't say a word. Instead listening and offering a rather shy smile.

"Cold out there..." She nodded but didn't say anything in response and then came the banter between the male and the waitress. With the way he held himself she started to pack her pencils back in her bag and sat clutching her sketch book to herself, arms wrapped around it defensively. Nervous.

"You go to the academy right?" Another nod, and a forced smile, why was she so nervous? Well she was half expecting with the way that he spoke to the waitress that perhaps maybe he was going to be mean to her. Perhaps she shouldn't have given an opening for someone to come over to her but that would be rude.

"Me too. I'm Dante." That was it, there was a moment of silence before she blinked and shook her head, she was supposed to say something. How silly of her.

"Babinea- Ah.... Um... Naminé Babineaux." She finally got the words out and then she looked down at the cup of hot chocolate in front of her, leaning to the side she put her sketch book away and then sat back up taking the cup in small hands and slowly sipping at the sweet warm liquid within.

"I apologize if I seem... Quiet... I'm not really a people person..." She felt it was best to apologize now before she made a dogs ear of this whole meeting. Then she smiled at him again only it was a little more confident, small yes but confident none the less.

"I'm a third year, you?" She inquired, simple curiosity plaguing her as she sat there, still one leg crossed over the other and swaying gently, wondering what year he was in, third? Fourth? Maybe even fifth? Only his answer could tell her that.

"How many classes are you taking? Maybe we might have some together." Finally starting to relax a little as she sat there. After all there wasn't much she could do but attempt to actually hold a decent conversation with this person. No. Dante. He had a name he'd told her his name so she'd remember it.
[/classy][classy=notes]tagged - Dante/Open words -unknown notes - n/a[/classy]

[newclass=table]width: 400px; border: 0px solid #a7a7a7; padding: 2px; text-align: center; font: 20px georgia; margin-bottom: -7px; border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px; moz-border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=opa]opacity: .6;[/newclass][newclass=postingbg]width:400px; height: 300px; background-color: #ffffff; border: 0px solid #a7a7a7; padding: 5px; overflow:auto; font-size: 10px; text-align:justify;[/newclass][newclass=images]width: 400px; background-color: #ffffff; border: 0px solid #a7a7a7; padding: 5px; border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px; moz-border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=notes]width:400px; height: 20px; background-color: #ffffff; border: 0px solid #a7a7a7; padding: 5px; font-size:12px; text-align:center; border-radius: 0px 0px 10px 10px; moz-border-radius: 0px 0px 10px 10px;[/newclass]

Dante Sparda
Professor

Dante Sparda Avatar

[send pm]

Hot Chocolate (Open)
« Dec 12, 2012 18:36:51 GMT -5 »

"Pretty name....Namine, Japanese sounding, rolls off the tongue," he nodded and tilted his head, "Fourth year, but this is my first time here, been tossed around schools and foster families since I was eight, but I ended up getting out of that fast." He sighed, "Enough about my sob story, I'm in....uh...I don't remember how many classes I have...but I am on the soccer team, and I'm gonna make captain." He grinned, "ah well..." He tilted his head, "Usually I'm not either, but I think that we'll get along great."

He smiled gently at her, "So...how many classes are you taking?" He thanked the waitress when his order was brought to him. He sipped his coffee then nibbled on the cookie. " Sorry to just kinda burst in on you, but this is the first time I've met someone outside school."

Naminé Babineaux
Third Year

Naminé Babineaux Avatar

[send pm]

Hot Chocolate (Open)
« Dec 12, 2012 19:07:26 GMT -5 »

[classy=opa][/classy]
[/classy][classy=postingbg]"Pretty name....Namine, Japanese sounding, rolls off the tongue," Well with the accent over the e, it always seemed like a mixture of French and Japanese to her. Then again she also had the last name Babineaux that was French so she would think it sounded more French. She wouldn't correct him though, no no, that would be rude and it wasn't really needed. Let him think what he wanted about her name. Though the compliment still remained and it caused her to smile and a slightly pink tinge to form on her cheeks accentuating her cheek bones ever so slightly.

"Fourth year, but this is my first time here, been tossed around schools and foster families since I was eight, but I ended up getting out of that fast. Enough about my sob story, I'm in....uh...I don't remember how many classes I have...but I am on the soccer team, and I'm gonna make captain. Ah well... Usually I'm not either, but I think that we'll get along great." She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out at first instead there was a lingering silence.

"Well it's my first year too, I was supposed to start in first year but.... My... Nevermind." It was one of those moments where the rest wasn't needed, sometimes, some things are better left unsaid and she took that view to heart. Rather often. Especially when she felt she was being stupid or not very bright. She'd rather suffer in silence than have others have to burden themselves with her problems.

"So...how many classes are you taking? Sorry to just kinda burst in on you, but this is the first time I've met someone outside school." That brought her smile back to her face as she sat there setting the cup down on the table she looked anywhere but him for a moment thinking how to respond properly.

"Well I have ten classes, I have three art classes, basic, human form and ancient art all class one because I like to draw it's been a hobby of mine for a long time and my old tutor in a different school managed to get my a scholarship on art so I'm very happy about that." She started but then she continued... She was talking, quite a lot, maybe because she had no friends as of yet so this was her chance to bond with someone.

"Then I have a class in monster genetics, weapons history, wilderness survival, medical training and magic 101 all second class, marksmanship class one annnd lastly red zone training team four." She giggled, it was a lot now that she thought about it but she was making up for a lot of lost time.

"Oh and I've got six recreational activities. It's doubtful that when the term starts properly that I'll have much time spare but... I'm... Rather content with that....I guess." She didn't sound too content at all there but that was because she probably wouldn't have much time to hang around with people she might make friends with. Though at least she had a room mate, that would be a good thing maybe she'd be good friends with them instead? Was one friend enough? Perhaps but she had to shake her head to rid herself of her thoughts.

"So do you have any of the same classes as me? Oh um... Do you want another cookie? I can get you one if you'd like as a thank you for talking to me."

Dante Sparda
Professor

Dante Sparda Avatar

[send pm]

Hot Chocolate (Open)
« Dec 12, 2012 19:51:07 GMT -5 »

"Ancient art....weapons history....and Monster Genetics, we have three classes together." Dante smiled, "Marksmanship makes one rec class." He sighed gently, " Im on Redzone team 2. So, what do you use? For Marksmanship anyway...." He sighed, "I have pistols mostly." He nodded, "And what do you want to do after school?" He tilted his head and sipped on his coffee again.

"I'm into demon hunting, or monster hunting whatever you want to call it." He closed his eyes.

Naminé Babineaux
Third Year

Naminé Babineaux Avatar

[send pm]

Hot Chocolate (Open)
« Dec 12, 2012 20:39:53 GMT -5 »

[classy=opa][/classy]
[/classy][classy=postingbg]"Ancient art....weapons history....and Monster Genetics, we have three classes together." She smiled well perhaps she had a friend in those classes now. It would make her transition in to learning and coping with so many people a little easier.

"Marksmanship makes one rec class." Now she would have corrected him again since marksmanship was specifically a class, however shooting club was the recreational activity for it.

"I'm on Redzone team 2. So, what do you use? For Marksmanship anyway.... I have pistols mostly. And what do you want to do after school?" So many questions. She'd begin with the first then answer the second.

"Well I can use pistols but I when my foster father took me shooting he taught me a little about a hunting rifle and I could use those rather well... They aren't as easy as using a pistol though." She smiled nervously before continuing.

"As for what I want to do in life? Well... I'm not sure just yet. Perhaps I'll come back if I can and be a teacher here, that would be nice. Helping others by sharing what little knowledge I have." She laughed and rested her hands around her cup.

"I'm into demon hunting, or monster hunting whatever you want to call it." That was when her smile faded completely... Scooting back in her chair hands to her chest, she wasn't sure what to say but she always though hunting things was... Barbaric. If it was simply for protecting yourself or those around you then sure it was fine, it was self defense but hunting them? Was that really... Necessary?

"But... W-Why.... Why would you do that? So long as they aren't attacking people they're not hurting anyone so why would you hunt them?....... Sorry... Just ignore me...." Quickly her gaze shifted downwards but the frown that creased her forehead didn't fade, that was something she honestly didn't like. The only reason she was taking any classes that required her to fight were so that she had the necessary training to defend herself if she was ever attacked by anything but with her skills... She would probably only ever be good for support anyway.

Riku 'Two' Sinclair
Third Year

Riku 'Two' Sinclair Avatar

Not in the mood.

[send pm]

Hot Chocolate (Open)
« Dec 12, 2012 21:19:42 GMT -5 »

Two couldn't stand his brother. Two couldn't stand the school. So, since his brother was at the school, it was two very good reasons to get the Hell out of there and make his way into the now snow covered town of Radiant Garden. His weapon, the Battle Cross, hooked onto his belt and made a light clink with every step as he adjusted the zipper of his hoodie (Heartless symbol on the back of this black hoodie). Two sighed, a cloud of breath rising from his mouth into the air and vanishing. He felt as though he needed this break, this time away from that accursed school and his uppity, goody-two-shoes brother. A grimace flashed across his face as he thought of Riku, disgust causing a feeling of utter dislike, laced with the tiniest amount of envy, to rise up in the back of his mind. Suppressing this, he made his way down the street, looking up ahead to see a blonde haired girl speaking to a guy in a vibrant, red jacket through a cafe widnow.

"Heh. Makes for an easy target..." he thought out loud, raising a hand with two fingers, shaped like a gun, and firing an imaginary bullet at the guy. "Bang. You're dead."

Now, in this thick snow, it would be difficult to see anyone, except for this character in the bright red jacket. That was a dumb move, and seemed more like a narcissistic fashion statement rather than a stylish overtone. He wondered if this guy's skills were as loud as his 'style', and decided he'd test it out someday. Provided the guy was a student. Sanctioned battles were more... legal when it came to whipping someone's ass.

He meandered up to the pair, stepping inside, and noticed that the girl looked extremely uncomfortable. He frowned a bit, and let his eyes trail up to the guy, who he immediately realized was as thick skulled as he looked. His frown reverted to an emotionless, straight faced stare as he looked back at the girl who was practically hugging her knees.

"This guy bothering you?" he asked quietly, but, loudly enough for the girl and Red McRedpants to hear.

« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2012 21:25:11 GMT -5 by Riku 'Two' Sinclair » Back to Top  
Dante Sparda
Professor

Dante Sparda Avatar

[send pm]

Hot Chocolate (Open)
« Dec 12, 2012 23:14:52 GMT -5 »

"Huh? Oh! No no no, hey I only get the bad ones, the ones that cause trouble, I know what it's like to be hunted for no reason and it sucks....I wouldn't wish that on anyone...Sorry I upset you." He blinked up at Riku Two and groaned, "Great..." He huffed, "Hey listen dude I didn't know she was your girlfriend or anything I was just trying to make a friend..." He held up his hands, looked to Namine and sighed, "Sorry..." He went to pay and leave.

There you go again Dante...pissing off boyfriends and making yourself look like an idiot...awesome.

Naminé Babineaux
Third Year

Naminé Babineaux Avatar

[send pm]

Hot Chocolate (Open)
« Dec 13, 2012 12:13:10 GMT -5 »

[classy=opa][/classy]
[/classy][classy=postingbg]"Huh? Oh! No no no, hey I only get the bad ones, the ones that cause trouble, I know what it's like to be hunted for no reason and it sucks....I wouldn't wish that on anyone...Sorry I upset you." She looked down, so he only hunted the ones that actually hurt people? Perhaps she was being a little suspicious but hunting monsters in her eyes was a horrible way of putting it, saying you protected people from them would be a much better way of saying it. So the way he put it made it sound like he had fun doing it which wasn't right. She was about to open her mouth when someone else showed up. Another boy. How was it she seemed to attract so much attention. Maybe because she was an easy target? That must've been it.

"This guy bothering you?"

"W-Well no-" She was interrupted so she silenced herself.

"Hey listen dude I didn't know she was your girlfriend or anything I was just trying to make a friend... Sorry..." And now she felt awful. Biting her bottom lip she looked down at the table.

"I... I think there's a misunderstanding here.... He isn't my boyfriend or anything like that, I .... Don't even know him... Maybe he saw me and thought you were bullying me from the look on my face? I.... I don't know.... But I'm sorry that this happened because of me... We'll still see each other in class I can at least promise you that." A small weak smile crossed her face as she spoke to Dante then her gaze shifted to the other white haired teen who'd come over to inquire about if Dante was bothering her.

"As you can see he isn't really... Bothering me... We were just talking because we bother attend the academy and it's always nice to have friends... So... I'm really sorry about the misunderstanding... I'm Naminé and his name is Dante." Honestly? She should be going to get her things but being the person she was she didn't simply want to ditch the two white haired males just because she needed to get things done. If they wanted her to stay then she would if only so she wasn't being a problem and upsetting them. If they didn't mind her going to get her things then she'd leave and grab the things she needed from around the city but not without giving them her dorm room number of course so if they really felt it necessary they could check in on her later, maybe give them her cell phone number so they could text her at another time? Either way she still needed to say something about that.

"Um... Do you two mind if I leave? I need to go shopping for some bits, lecture supplies, food and drink for when my room mate moves in.... Those sort of things because I don't want them to have to go shopping when they've just moved in."

Riku 'Two' Sinclair
Third Year

Riku 'Two' Sinclair Avatar

Not in the mood.

[send pm]

Hot Chocolate (Open)
« Dec 13, 2012 22:32:50 GMT -5 »

"You misunderstand." he said to Dante, shaking his head. He looked at the girl and bowed his head slightly, cordially, even. "My apologies. I only inquired out of the mildest of concern."

He looked outside, letting out a slight sigh when the girl said she could leave. Two couldn't have cared less, honestly, but, then again, Two caring was a rare privilege that only showed itself during drastic and rare occasions where it was either needed, or necessary. Otherwise, it was apathy and cynicism, Two emanating his doglike aura to keep the general populace oblivious to the fact that he did have a heart. He looked over to the counter, and took out some cash and looked between the two. "Before you go, next round of cocoa is on me." he said to the two, walking over to order some.

He came back with a server tray, occupied with three piping hot cups of cocoa, marshmallows omitted. He set them down on a table, removing the Battle Cross and taking the chain out, examining it closely.

"So. What years?" he asked quietly, examining the chain for rust, weathering, damage, and other anomalies. He was curious. Maybe he could try out this 'social' thing. Who knows, he and this other white haired guy could be good teammates. Or, this Dante would grind the wrong gears and sent Two on his way, deeming the man not worth it.

He glanced at the girl. She seemed timid. But only seemed. He was intrigued by her disposition. She seemed more mature than her visual look (probably eighteen or nineteen), and also hid what Two recognized as great potential. Though, he wasn't going to say anything, there was no way in hell he was going to be all 'Pai-Mei' about 'Hidden Potentials'. People figured that shit out by themselves. He put the Battle Cross, awaiting a response to his question.

Dante Sparda
Professor

Dante Sparda Avatar

[send pm]

Hot Chocolate (Open)
« Dec 16, 2012 0:53:03 GMT -5 »

Dante raised an eyebrow and huffed, "Dante, Fourth Year...but this is my first year here at this school..." he relaxed slightly, but didn't sit back down, " And who are you?" He crossed his arms, " Should I be worried about you or...?" he sighed, " Whatever never mind. It was nice to meet you I guess..." He shook his head and put his arms behind it in a stretch, " I'll see you around Namine...have to get some stuff for class." Dante did not like this guy and he wanted nothing to do with him, if Namine wanted to come with him great! If not then he'd chalk it up to another girl that thought he was crazy.

Quick Reply

Shoutbox

dsg: Herro... Is anyone here? Mar 26, 2013 22:38:21 GMT -5
Hikari Cross: hello! Apr 6, 2013 1:12:35 GMT -5
dsg: At least someone answered... But I am thinking that this site is a little slow in getting members. Apr 25, 2013 21:53:55 GMT -5
adminnumber2: try looking at dissidia.boards.net Apr 26, 2013 11:45:33 GMT -5
Shout as:
Refresh
  • Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Strikethrough
  • Link
  • Insert Smiley
0/256 Cancel