Author Topic: New home. New life. (Link) (Read 225 times)
Naminé Babineaux
Third Year

[M:-800]

Naminé Babineaux Avatar

[send pm]

New home. New life. (Link)
« Dec 14, 2012 19:10:25 GMT -5 »

[atrb=border,0,true][atrb=cellpadding,0,true][atrb=cellspacing,0,true][atrb=style, vertical-align: top;][classy=background][classy=image] [/classy][/classy]
In she stepped out of the icy cold in to the luke warm apartment like room she now called home.

Fisrt she set the shopping bags down and then she psuhed the hood with the fur rim back and down, she slowly took the jacket off and hung it neatly on one of the coat hooks in the room, then came her scarf and that was hung on the very same coat hook. Though she did struggle a little to get them up there since she wasn't very tall.

She was tiny...

Once she pulled her gloves off she pushed some of her hair back behind one of her ears and then she slowly slipped her boots off, sliding her feet in to her usual sandals, this was just so that she didn't tread snow everywhere and make the carpet all wet and horrible to walk on.

Now as she headed around the apartment she took note of how... Empty... It seemed.

She was supposed to have a room mate, but they hadn't arrived yet. Quickly she went back for the bags pushing the door to her room open (she'd made sure she took the smaller out of the two despite her claustrophobia) she set her bag down just inside the open door and proceeded to go and take everything else to the kitchen. Slowly she unpacked everything, the winds outside were starting to howl and she flinched ever so slightly when hailstones started pelting the windows.

"....I hope they're not caught out in that..." She mused as she clutched a tub of peanut butter in her hands, though with such petite hands the jar made them look like childs hands. Slowly she went back to putting everything away in the cupboards and fridge. With everything now stocked she took her supplies for the semester to her room and set the bag on her bed.

Sitting down beside them she sat with her hands on her knees, blue eyes on her bedroom door and then they shifted to the window. She... Really felt uncomfortable but she'd deal with it, she'd get used to it eventually, no matter how uncomfortable she felt it wasn't right to take the biggest room without at least consulting her room mate. It was rude and she didn't really want to put them out, if they wanted the smaller room however she wouldn't argue. That was why her suitcases... All of two... Were still packed. Just two. She left most of her belongings behind. Maybe one day she'd have enough munny to go shopping and actually buy herself some little things here and there to actually make this place feel more like a home than a place to simply sleep and eat.

As she sat there staring out the window her thoughts wandered. That was usually a bad thing for her, she felt... Guilty. Yet it was for something she felt she actually had to do and that was leave home to come here so she could make something of herself. Was that place even somewhere she could truly call home? After everything? Could she call those people her family? The answer was clear but it was a tough pill to swallow.

No, they weren't family.
No, that wasn't a true home.
...She was on her own now.

She had to be strong, stubborn and above all else she had to do what she needed to do regardless of the consequences to herself and those around her. Even though she would in the end feel bad for it later, if something had to be done, she'd have to grit her teeth and bare it.

Maybe in the future she would grow to become something a little less timid, a little less worried about everyone else, but that may be a bad thing. She'd just have to wait and see.

Letting out a heavy sigh she forced herself to her feet. She may as well do something, anything to keep her mind from wandering too far in to the darker sections of her mind. She wouldn't be much help to anyone if all she did was lament and constantly feel sorry for herself would she? So it was time to clean up.

The place was already spotless, she'd made sure of that, but that didn't matter.

It didn't take long to finish tidying up. If anything it took much less time than she'd wanted it too. So now she went through organizing ALL the food and drink. EVERYTHING, alphabetical from left to right. Then she went and sat down on the couch, flicked on the television and started flipping through the channels. She didn't bring any novels with her and she actually forgot to pick one up while she was out today. Perhaps she could run to the academy library and loan one for a few days to give her something to do?

That was when she heard the click of the lock on the door and she stood up flicking the television off as she edged closer and closer to the hall. Slowly half her face and pale fingers peeked around the corner. Curious and yet nervous to see who was there. What if someone had the wrong room? That could he horribly bad. Though if it was her room mate? Then what? She'd have to introduce herself obviously.

The silence was only pierced by the wind outside, something that caused a shiver to run down the young ladies spine.

"Hello?" Quiet and gentle she figured it may be best to speak up and say something that at least didn't sound hostile. Hopefully they'd understand that she wasn't exactly the most talkative person in the world.
WORDS:- 975
TAGS:- LINK
MUSIC:- Linkin Park - Roads Untravelled
NOTES:- ...

[newclass=background]width: 440px; background: #333233; border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px; height: 225px; -moz-border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px; -o-border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px; -ms-border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=backgroundleft]width: 100px; background: #333233; padding: 10px; border-radius: 0px 30px 0px 0px; float: left; height: 211px; -moz-border-radius: 0px 30px 0px 0px; -o-border-radius: 0px 30px 0px 0px; -ms-border-radius: 0px 30px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=borderradius]width: 430px; background: #333233; padding: 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 30px 30px; float: left; font: 35px arial black; color: #4793c6; text-align: center; line-height: 30px; letter-spacing: -2px; -moz-border-radius: 0px 0px 30px 30px; -o-border-radius: 0px 0px 30px 30px; -ms-border-radius: 0px 0px 30px 30px; -moz-transition: 0.7s; -webkit-transition: 0.7s; -o-transition: 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=borderradius:hover]color: #333233; -moz-transition: 2s; -webkit-transition: 2s; -o-transition: 2s; [/newclass][newclass=image]background: url(http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/razzaphale/namine/NaminC3A9full49068611.jpg); width: 440px; height: 225px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px; -moz-border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px; -ms-border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px;; -o-border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px; opacity: 0.5; -moz-opacity: 0.5; -o-opacity: 0.5; -ms-opacity: 0.5; filter:alpha(opacity=50); -moz-transition: 0.7s; -webkit-transition: 0.7s; -o-transition: 0.7s; margin-left: 1px;[/newclass][newclass=image:hover]opacity: 0.8; -moz-opacity: 0.8; -o-opacity: 0.8; -ms-opacity: 0.8; filter:alpha(opacity=80); -moz-transition: 0.7s; -webkit-transition: 0.7s; -o-transition: 0.7s; [/newclass]

Link
Fourth Year

[M:0]

Link Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 14, 2012 21:23:57 GMT -5 »

Link was about halfway there, twenty minutes away from the dorms. He had already dropped his bags off into his room, and left to get some groceries and four health kits. He had the bag slung over his shoulder as he approached his room, and took out his key. He reached down and unlocked it, knowing that the storm was getting worse by the minute.

CHINK.

The key then broke in half as he pulled it out of the lock, both halves falling into the snow that had collected by his feet. He stared into the snow, his ears angled down as his jaw hung open, and his free hand slapped his forehead. He sighed and opened the door, pulling off his hat and setting the bag down, shutting the door with his foot. At that next moment, he heard a small, meek "Hello" come from the rooms. He looked up and saw the blonde peek around the corner, and smiled. He raised a hand up and waved.

"Hey. I'm Link!" he said, reaching down and picking up the bag, walking over to the kitchen area and setting the bag of non-perishables and heath kits on the counter, removing his jacket and hanging it on the hook by the door. He was wearing a casual set of clothes, a cotton shirt and denim jeans. He looked back over to the girl and tilted his head. "No need to be shy. I guess we're roomies!" he said, slowly walking over to her, holding his hand out to shake her hand. "It really is a pleasure to meet you." He hoped it wasn't too much... he really didn't want her to feel scared of him.

Naminé Babineaux
Third Year

[M:-800]

Naminé Babineaux Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 14, 2012 22:28:38 GMT -5 »

[atrb=border,0,true][atrb=cellpadding,0,true][atrb=cellspacing,0,true][atrb=style, vertical-align: top;][classy=background][classy=image] [/classy][/classy]
A wave and she slowly backed up and away. Only two or three steps but enough so that she wasn't just peering around the corner like a curious child.

"Hey. I'm Link!" She tilted her head as she watching him pick up the bag he had, didn't he have anything else with him? He headed off to the kitchen and she rushed to the door taking a look out in the hallway to see... No bags or boxes. Did he already move his things in earlier?

She wasn't here to help either...

Slowly she headed back towards the kitchen peering in, though she was silent as she watched him take off his coat and she eyed the bag. Did he go shopping?... Then she noticed something. He was staring at her, no, just looking but she tensed up ever so slightly.

Please... Please don't be like my foster brother... I don't think I can handle that right now. She prayed inwardly but he words assured her he wasn't like that.

"No need to be shy. I guess we're roomies!" She nodded before she shook his hand a gentle smile in return to the one he had.

"It really is a pleasure to meet you."

"Thank you... My name is Naminé... You didn't have to buy anything... I already went shopping." As the words came out of her mouth her smile faltered and her eyebrows turned upwards in the middle.

"I'll try not to get under your feet and I'll be pretty quie-" That's when she noticed them... The ears. The frown disappeared in an instant, replaced once more with curiosity. Her head tilted slightly to the left and before she knew it one of her hands lifted actually touching one of his ears just to make sure it was... Real.

"...They're real... Are you... An elf?... Like in fairy tales?..." The excitement at the idea showed in the form of a rather bright smile. All fear had disappeared there and then, all of her worries drained away easily because of this one little thing. The idea that she was living with a REAL elf.

She had no idea of the truth... Yet.

She was still beaming as she watched him and was half tempted to run to her room and grab her pencils and sketch book to draw him, but she didn't. She resisted, she was more mature than a five year old so she'd act accordingly.

"O-Oh! Sorry! I..." Her gaze shifted to the floor.

"I should've asked first.... I'm so sorry... I... Can leave you alone if you want... It's probably strange for you someone just touching your ears for no real reason. I just. Wanted to see if they were real. I won't do it again." So many apologies, the guilt and a little shame for her actions was almost flooding the room right now. Oh how awkward things just became all because of a simple small action.

WORDS:- 520
TAGS:- LINK
MUSIC:- Linkin Park - Roads Untravelled
NOTES:- ...

[newclass=background]width: 440px; background: #333233; border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px; height: 225px; -moz-border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px; -o-border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px; -ms-border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=backgroundleft]width: 100px; background: #333233; padding: 10px; border-radius: 0px 30px 0px 0px; float: left; height: 211px; -moz-border-radius: 0px 30px 0px 0px; -o-border-radius: 0px 30px 0px 0px; -ms-border-radius: 0px 30px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=borderradius]width: 430px; background: #333233; padding: 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 30px 30px; float: left; font: 35px arial black; color: #4793c6; text-align: center; line-height: 30px; letter-spacing: -2px; -moz-border-radius: 0px 0px 30px 30px; -o-border-radius: 0px 0px 30px 30px; -ms-border-radius: 0px 0px 30px 30px; -moz-transition: 0.7s; -webkit-transition: 0.7s; -o-transition: 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=borderradius:hover]color: #333233; -moz-transition: 2s; -webkit-transition: 2s; -o-transition: 2s; [/newclass][newclass=image]background: url(http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/razzaphale/namine/NaminC3A9full49068611.jpg); width: 440px; height: 225px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px; -moz-border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px; -ms-border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px;; -o-border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px; opacity: 0.5; -moz-opacity: 0.5; -o-opacity: 0.5; -ms-opacity: 0.5; filter:alpha(opacity=50); -moz-transition: 0.7s; -webkit-transition: 0.7s; -o-transition: 0.7s; margin-left: 1px;[/newclass][newclass=image:hover]opacity: 0.8; -moz-opacity: 0.8; -o-opacity: 0.8; -ms-opacity: 0.8; filter:alpha(opacity=80); -moz-transition: 0.7s; -webkit-transition: 0.7s; -o-transition: 0.7s; [/newclass]

Quick Reply

Shoutbox

dsg: Herro... Is anyone here? Mar 26, 2013 22:38:21 GMT -5
Hikari Cross: hello! Apr 6, 2013 1:12:35 GMT -5
dsg: At least someone answered... But I am thinking that this site is a little slow in getting members. Apr 25, 2013 21:53:55 GMT -5
adminnumber2: try looking at dissidia.boards.net Apr 26, 2013 11:45:33 GMT -5
Shout as:
Refresh
  • Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Strikethrough
  • Link
  • Insert Smiley
0/256 Cancel